I have an unhealthy obsession with cupcakes. Not that I necessarily eat them all the time, but if I had to choose one cake-like dessert, the cupcake would be it. I also have a strange fascination with all foods that are miniature and abnormally large – and cupcakes can fall into either of those categories. I have been on the hunt for the best cupcakery in town and will offer you in this post my honest less than 20 word review on each that I have been to.
Grocery/Specialty Food Stores
- Dorothy Lane Market – Home of the baby cakes. Moist cake with rich icing. Not a huge selection of flavors to choose from.
- Walmart/Sam’s Club – Same company. Buy in bulk or not. Best whipped icing in town. Great value for your money.
- Kroger – If you need last minute cupcakes, go here. Features mass-produced two-bite cupcakes. Small selection at Marketplace or FreshFare locations.
- ele Cake Company – The obvious choice for South Dayton residents. Delicious desserts in a fancy cafe setting.
- The Cakery – Classic cakes and cupcakes. Great service. Decent selection and pricing.
- Gigi’s Cupcakes – A cupcake variety lover’s paradise. Creative and out-of-the-box decor on top, unthinkable flavor creations on the bottom.
- Cake, Hope, & Love – The Social bakery. Great for tech nerds. Simple cupcake recipes but made with love.
- Frost Cupcake Bar – Best themed cupcakes. Great for the icing lover. Also provides custom iced cupcakes daily.
- Junebug’s Cupcakes – Best fun cupcakes in a variety of sizes. All you need = Girl’s Night Out cupcake (on Fridays).
What other yummy places have you tried out there?