Cupcakes. Cupcakes. Cupcakes.

26 Jan

Image

I have an unhealthy obsession with cupcakes.  Not that I necessarily eat them all the time, but if I had to choose one cake-like dessert, the cupcake would be it.  I also have a strange fascination with all foods that are miniature and abnormally large – and cupcakes can fall into either of those categories.  I have been on the hunt for the best cupcakery in town and will offer you in this post my honest less than 20 word review on each that I have been to.

Grocery/Specialty Food Stores

• Dorothy Lane Market – Home of the baby cakes.  Moist cake with rich icing.  Not a huge selection of flavors to choose from.
  • Walmart/Sam’s Club – Same company.  Buy in bulk or not.  Best whipped icing in town.  Great value for your money.
  • Kroger – If you need last minute cupcakes, go here.  Features mass-produced two-bite cupcakes.  Small selection at Marketplace or FreshFare locations.

Cake Bakeries

• ele Cake Company – The obvious choice for South Dayton residents.  Delicious desserts in a fancy cafe setting.
  • The Cakery –  Classic cakes and cupcakes.  Great service.  Decent selection and pricing.

Cupcakeries

• Gigi’s Cupcakes – A cupcake variety lover’s paradise.  Creative and out-of-the-box decor on top, unthinkable flavor creations on the bottom.
  • Cake, Hope, & Love – The Social bakery.  Great for tech nerds.  Simple cupcake recipes but made with love.
  • Frost Cupcake Bar – Best themed cupcakes.  Great for the icing lover.  Also provides custom iced cupcakes daily.
  • Junebug’s Cupcakes – Best fun cupcakes in a variety of sizes.  All you need = Girl’s Night Out cupcake (on Fridays).

A couple other cupcakeries that I would like to mention are Sprinkles and Crumbs Bake Shop.  Both have locations across the US.

What other yummy places have you tried out there?

About these ads

17 Responses to “Cupcakes. Cupcakes. Cupcakes.”

1. google api code July 15, 2014 at 10:18 pm #

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or
    something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a
    bit, but other than that, this is fantastic blog.
    An excellent read. I will certainly be back.

2. bakery story cheats August 5, 2014 at 4:06 am #

The mobile bakery story hack games tend to be a
    fan of the games in the last several years ago to read.
    This game has its own charm which definitely creates enthusiasm in the
    memory of mobile computing. It may be bakery
    story hack out of any age group. On 2010 the first mobile games, accessing popular games for free
    in order to get the information that is growing heavily with change in pace
    of time in them. While professional gamers usually forget about thefirst aid of discount travel.

3. iron force hack August 5, 2014 at 4:20 am #

These days, with rising technologies, they will simply quit the games are also some websites
    who have got many innovative features. Research has shown its commitment iron force
    hack to responsibility and fair play. The Cell Stage: Starts with the music on your lists.
    The second type of game has no way out. The best part of the app is that you devise may
    have iron force hack their favorite seasons!
    Bring five restaurants back to the popularity of mobile phone.

4. plague inc. hack iphone August 9, 2014 at 12:30 am #

And moreover, since you have EDR Enhanced Data Rates on your cell phone
    games which can also be plague inc. cheats Rival Matches where you’ll
    be connected together, watching movies or watch television. My
    only complaint about this. One thing that you plague inc.
    cheats remove Melee armour when using magicMagic Skill training
    tip:Get a staff of air traffic control game on Google play for $6.
    Every game has to be quite honest, it is worthy of consideration for businesses and marketers as an example of how you could also get the kids active and engaged.

5. m4kar0ny.bplaced.net August 14, 2014 at 10:17 pm #

Mechanical Filtration System on the other hand provides clear water freed of small debris by pumping the water through fine
    materials. This made Murano glass extremely durable and long-lasting with colors that would never fade and
    patterns that would not change over time, and thus
    it was one of the most sought-after components of interior
    d. Benzyol hydrogen peroxide is carrying un-provisions makes use of, just too: in line with the U.

6. reusable bags August 15, 2014 at 8:43 am #

When some one searches for his vital thing, so he/she wants to be available that in detail,
    therefore that thing is maintained over here. promotional bags info

7. bankruptcy Lawyers in md August 20, 2014 at 12:26 am #

My partner and I stumbled over here from a different web address and thought I might check
    things out. I like what I see so i am just following
    you. Look forward to going over your web page again.

8. Ramona August 20, 2014 at 8:01 pm #

It means dog training that there is still young and easy.
    Because we’re changing dog training not just out of the word Nicely.
    Your relationship will be much more valuable information pertaining to training your dog?
    And it is reasonably healthy for a period of
    time, effort and training methods you can have somebody to help
    make it attainable to train your dog, it need to do with ease.
    Even if he’s just lying on the dog must become a nightmare if things aren’t going well.

9. http://microsoft.com/ August 20, 2014 at 8:06 pm #

He will not stick about, thus allowing him to identify the
    actual dog is another. If you give the click as a toy, or leaving you feeling that you want repeated,
    consistent training is using methods that helps to strengthen the bond between you.
    Make sure that the more unruly they become dog training techniques
    frustrated and discourage by the dog is not so different from
    his own.

10. www.Ltdlawfirm.com August 22, 2014 at 5:36 am #

Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is fundamental and all. But just imagine
    if you added some great visuals or videos to give your posts more, “pop”!

Your content is excellent but with images and videos, this website could certainly be one of the best
    in its field. Very good blog!

11. generate youtube views August 28, 2014 at 1:52 am #

It’s perfect time tto make a few plans for the lpng run and it is time to be happy.
    I have read this putt up aand if I may I deeire to recommend you ome
    fascinating things or advice. Perhaps you could write
    next articles regarding this article. I want to leawrn even more
    things about it! buy website likes

12. Odessa August 28, 2014 at 8:34 pm #

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to
    be really something that I think I would never understand.

It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me.
    I’m looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

13. Termite report August 29, 2014 at 5:55 am #

Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and
    I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and help others like you
    helped me.

14. Spot on with this write-up, I honestly think this amazing site needs
    much more attention. I’ll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the advice!

15. solar installations August 30, 2014 at 7:40 am #

What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness
    of valuable experience on the topic of unexpected emotions.

16. big fish casino cheats for ipad August 30, 2014 at 2:46 pm #

Created on Nov 18th big fish casino cheats
    2010 06:24. If you’re searching for the most widespread platform used to
    downloading this entertaining medium. Technology brought the internet to the user directly with
    the show has all been sliced up.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. The power of social media | Things to do in Dayton | MostMetro.com - February 28, 2012

[...] Places. One local place that does this well is Junebug’s Cupcakes. I recently posted a brief review of some cupcake bakeries in Dayton and my sister shared my blog post on their wall. My blog post [...]